MacroArt is committed to sustainability and we are leading the way in sustainable media solutions.
We launched The Macro Eco Initiative in order to collect, recover and recycle our products and materials, so they can be reconditioned and reclaimed or utilised in waste to energy generation.
Our waste management disposes of the products and substances that we have used in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance to ISO 14001.
MacroArt is committed to moving waste up the Waste Hierarchy to ensure our customers gain from our service. We use several sorting methods and technologies to remove as much recyclable material from general waste as possible. Our operation is dedicated towards delivering a sustainable solution to maximise recycling and working towards 100% landfill avoidance.
We now have in place the following streams for recycling:
1) Specialist businesses collect from our St. Neots office and turn our waste PVC into traffic cones and similar products.
2) Fabrics are saved from our workshop and are rendered in goods for the equestrian industry.
3) Closed-loop recycling enables material to be returned to the manufacturer for salvaging into new products.
4) Paper and Board are sent for maximum recycling.
5) Other waste is burned at specialist locations at extreme temperatures with heat generating high-pressure steam. A turbo generator uses the steam to produce electricity, supplying the national grid.
We have a target to reduce our waste through recycling, to reduce our carbon footprint. We currently recycle all of our PVC, Fabrics, ACM, Display boards and TFS frames; these are our most used products and we are constantly in conversations with our supplier to grow this list.
If you are looking for a print service provider whose ecological outlook matches your own, The Macro Eco Initiative is here to help you.